I generally dislike turkey soup, but this one was really quite scrumptious.
- 5 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. leftover turkey, cooked & cut into chunks
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 med. sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 c. frozen or canned peas
- 1 small onion, halved & quartered
- 1 med. zucchini, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste.
Throw everything into a big pot, bring to boil, simmer 20 minutes. Serve over brown rice.