I adapted this recipe for zucchini cookies from allrecipes.com. My version was so incredibly delicious, I have claimed it as my own. Score one for mommy in the ongoing battle of getting Abram to eat vegetables!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, or 1/2 choco chips, 1/2 M&M’s.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter until soft, add sugar, and beat until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
3. In a large Ziploc bag, shake together flours, baking soda and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add four mixture to butter mixture, beat until well mixed. With a wooden spoon, stir in oats, zucchini, chocolate chips and/or M&M’s.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet for a few, then transfer to cooling rack. I ate mine piping hot with black coffee. Mmmm.