Abram has been especially finicky about eating lately. Good thing he loooooved these muffins! This is a “Deceptively Delicious” recipe that I modified.
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground flax seed
- 2 tsp. wheat germ
- 1 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a mini-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together brown sugar, peanut butter, applesauce, banana, and egg with a wooden spoon.
3. Put flour, flax seed, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large Ziploc bag and shake to mix (or stir in a bowl, if you must). Add to bowl of wet ingredients and stir just to combine. Do not overmix.
3. Spoon batter into muffin tin and bake until lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack. Of course, I eat mine piping hot with a glass of milk.