This Weight Watchers recipe is easy and sooooo good. Mmm. Oh, I altered this from the original recipe, as per usual.
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 links of pre-cooked turkey sausage
- 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked white rice, long-grain
1. Coat a large, nonstick saucepan with cooking spray. Over high heat, sauté onion, celery and green pepper until tender.
2. Reduce heat and stir in cayenne, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic; sauté until garlic is fragrant.
3. Stir in turkey sausage, chicken, tomatoes, broth and rice. Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.