Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tbsp. wheat germ
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, wheat germ, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Here’s the original recipe. By the way, these are muy delicioso with cream cheese frosting.