I am always trying to find new ways to feed fish to my family of picky eaters (suggestions welcome). This recipe was a hit!
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen skinless tilapia fillets, 1/2 to 3/4 in. thick
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/3 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1/3 c. wheat germ
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried dillweed
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. ground flax seed (optional)
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Line up 4 shallow dishes; pour milk in the first, flour in the second, melted butter in the third. In the fourth dish, combine wheat germ, Parmesan, dillweed, pepper, and flax seed.
2. Now we dip. Dip fish in milk, then coat with flour. Dip in melted butter, then coat with wheat germ mixture.
3. Place fish on a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with olive oil. Bake in a 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes (flip fillets halfway through cooking time) or until coating is crunchy and golden, and fish flakes with a fork. Check frequently, as cooking time will depend on thickness of the fillets.
Serve with brown rice, romaine salad and dips–ketchup and ranch for the boys, cocktail and tartar sauces for moi.