It’s like some strange, unspoken rule. Don’t be ashamed, everyone does it. I made banana bread in a bundt pan, and we’ve already consumed over half of it. Abram was a little overzealous and bit the bundt when I left the room to get plates. Two-year-olds. Psssh.
Banana Bread Bundt
- 1 c. unbleached white flour + 1-2 tbsp. flour for coating pan
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. wheat germ (optional)
- 1 tsp. ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 medium, overripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. melted butter + 1 tbsp. melted butter for coating pan
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush bundt pan with melted butter, then coat with flour. Mix wet ingredients in one bowl and dry ingredients in another, then combine. Pour into bundt pan and bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out onto plate. Cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.
Special thanks to my dear husband for getting me a sweet-ass cast aluminum bundt pan for Christmas. Can I say “ass” on here?