The bars seem chewier to me than the cookies. I quite prefer them.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. wheat germ
- 1 tsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until fully combined. Stir in dry ingredients, then chocolate chips.
2. For cookies, drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet; bake 12-14 min. at 350 degrees. For bars, spread dough into a greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch baking sheet; bake 20-24 minutes at 350 degrees.