- 5 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 c. gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 c. + 1 tbsp. brown rice flour
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 5 tbsp. butter + more for skillet
- 1/3 c. chopped pecans
1. Butter a large skillet and fill with apple slices. Add maple syrup, arrowroot powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to evenly coat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Cut in butter to form coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans.
3. Sprinkle oat mixture on apples. Bake 30 min. at 375 degrees. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.